Sunday, December 20, 2020

Being a Dad: Surviving Christmas (Lights of Christmas)

Hello and Welcome Home!

The Tradition of using light in some form or another to bring on the Christmas Celebration has been used for longer than we can really even remember. Truth be told people actually used candles.


The Candle is a symbol of hope and to be honest, I feel like being a dad is all about that. One of the things I see in my kids every day is hope.



Knowing that I may have had some part in giving them that message is what keeps me going every day.

While candles are still used, the light bulb has taken its own special place in how we celebrate Christmas. They remind us that we can be a light for others. We can be that light even in the midst of the darkest moment. 

My eldest daughter loves Christmas lights. She loves putting them up with me and always smiles when she gets to turn them on.

There is a park in town that puts on FantasyLand of Lights and downtown does something similar. Seeing them is one of her favorite traditions.

We are all created with hope and light within us and being a dad who survives Christmas this year can represent that spirit.  We can bring a little more hope and light into this chaotic world if we choose too. 


This Christmas, let's choose being a dad who does. In choosing to do so we will show our children that they can survive Christmas and be better off because of it.

Living by Faith with My Family,

M. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment