Monday, December 21, 2020

Being a Dad: Surviving Christmas (The Star)

 Hello and Welcome Home, 

Tonight is supposed to be the night we see ‘the Christmas Star’ at its brightest. You know that article going around saying that Jupiter and Saturn will cross over each other.


So I thought, why not share the updated version in honor of the event. The Star of Christmas is one of the most profound and meaningful symbols of Christmas.



I say that being a dad is one of the most profound things I will ever do, even in my weaker moments. 


My daughter, you know the eldest one, that inspired this whole book way back when. Is a very profound child. Some of the things she comes up with is simply amazing.


In 2018 when the two of us released the 2nd edition of Reflecting Christmas, she told me something I will never forget. 

You see, while lights are one of her favorite things about Christmas, she really loves the Christmas Star.

When I asked her why, she told me “because it reminds me that I’m not alone, it reminds me that when I get scared, all I have to do is lookup in the sky and I’ll find some light.”

Surviving Christmas this year is more than just a few activities or happy thoughts. This year Surviving Christmas is about finding peace in the midst of a chaotic and dark time. 


Being a dad comes with those good moments, but it also comes with the bad moments. The question I’ve always asked myself is what am I supposed to do in those bad moments.

I’m learning that I need to accept my bad moments and bring them into the light. 

It’s about finding peace in the midst of those times when we really are at the end of our ropes. My daughter's statement speaks to that.

The Christmas Star brought many things, but probably one of the most important things was peace. 


That's what my daughter finds when she looks up to the heavens and finds her light and tonight's event, as well as the Christmas star, can always remind us of our ongoing search for peace. 

Being a dad is hard, and there is chaos everywhere, finding peace, even in the midst of that Chaos is something worth searching for.

What are you searching for?


Living by Faith with my Family,


M. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment