Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Being a Dad: Surviving Christmas (The Bells of Christmas)

Hello and Welcome Home,

Bells have always held a special place in my heart as they often remind me of hope.

Being a dad comes with all sorts of dreams and wishes. I know it has been for me and sometimes I forget about those dreams.



I get so wrapped up in the next thing that needs to be done or what I can do to give my family a better life that I forget Hope.


You know, our lives as dads are always going to be filled with things that try to take our hopes and dreams away.


What I have a hard time accepting sometimes is that I don’t have to lose those things. They may change from time to time but I don’t always have to let go of the things I dream about. I can still believe they are possible, even if they come in a different way than I expect.


Many times we can search for those hopes and dreams and find that we’ve embraced a spirit of doubt. When one hears the sound of a soft melodious bell, it can serve as a reminder of that hope. It can give one the strength to keep believing.

Being a dad sometimes forces us to lose sight of our belief in hope, especially on days when we really feel we are at the edge of our rope. There is something worth believing in and whatever that may be don’t lose sight of it.   

The ‘Bells of Christmas’ can remind us that with each ring they tone this holiday season, surviving Christmas can trigger a spirit of hope within our hearts that will radiate to those we love.


Living by Faith with My Family.

M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment