Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Being a Dad: Surviving Christmas (An Introduction)

Hello And Welcome Home, 

A number of years ago Christmas was one of my favorite times of the year. I worked for The Salvation Army and took part in their Angel Tree giftings and loved every minute of it.

The first Christmas after I left that Job, and for several years after,  I worked in church ministries, there I saw many things that influenced the way I valued Christmas. The Season of Joy and Happiness became a season of brokenness, stress, and obligation. I didn’t like who I’d become. 

When my daughter was born and was old enough to experience the season, she reminded me what Christmas is really all about.


She taught me that I could find joy and happiness in the season again. While the struggle still remained, things began looking brighter.


She still teaches me things today.

Shortly after this began to reflect in my heart I wrote an eBook entitled “Reflecting Christmas.” It is dedicated to her.


In 2018 My daughter and I released an updated version entitled “Reflecting Christmas: ReImagined.


In this 2nd edition, my daughter actually added some of her thoughts to the eBook and together we added a few more chapters that enabled us to turn it into a small book. 


To celebrate our almost 300 followers on A Working Dad, we will be adapting the text of that book to focus on how Surviving Christmas is one of the best parts of being a dad.


The book itself is really a reflection of how the Symbols of Christmas can remind us all to embrace the spirit of Christmas all year long.


So, with that, the first post will be shared later this evening. Feel free to share and comment on anything that's posted here or on our blog.


Living by Faith, With My Family, M.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment