Sunday, October 14, 2018

Being a Dad, What is our Motivation?

Hello and Welcome Home!


Have you ever struggled with the chaos your children bring to your role of being a dad?  It can be daunting. The role of a dad can be one of the most challenging roles for any man. It isn't one of those things that come overnight, but it is a role that can be one of the most exciting and memory making.


As a father of three children under the age of six, my wife and I tend to have a lot of chaotic moments throughout the week. Our kids are very energetic, and they get bored very quickly. I am sure there are others that are in similar situations. This is part of the reason I am launching "A Working Dad."

A Subconscious Desire

I have long had a subconscious desire to start a community for working dads because frankly, I feel like dads are overlooked in a lot of ways. If you google parenting websites, most of the time you are going to find either a website managed by a mother or by a company that encourages parenting together.  What I have always had a hard time finding are websites for dads.

Yes, there are some out there, but out of all the time I have spent looking for websites encouraging family, I would say there are at least three times as many 'Encouraging Mom' websites as there are 'Encouraging Dads' websites.  I won't ever claim to say that I have more knowledge than anyone else but I have been told I have a way with words on several occasions. 


A Hope in Being a Dad

I hope that together we can build a community that will encourage other dads in the role of being a dad.  I have always felt there is something extraordinary that a dad can offer their children that no one else can, and I want more than anything to be an example of that for my children, as I am sure other dads do as well. 

With that in mind here is a question.

As Dad's, What is our Motivation?


Living by faith, with our family,

M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment