Wednesday, December 25, 2019

A Special Christmas

Hello and Welcome Home!

My eldest child absolutely loves Christmas! Some of her favorite things are in a book we wrote together, but this chapter is my favorite so I wanted to share...


Reflecting Christmas: 

ReImagined by Leyla 


Christmas is a special time. I like it when people talk about Santa but I know he is not the real reason we celebrate Christmas. I love to open presents but I also know that that’s not the real reason we celebrate it either. I also know that my birthday happens around Christmas too, but that’s not it either.

I really love to decorate too, but I don’t think that’s it. I really think Christmas is about being thankful and helping mom and dad as much as I can. I really think Christmas is about being happy and making good choices. I really think Christmas is about the baby Jesus coming to help me make good choices too. I love what my Bible Says…


Who Saw Jesus!
Little baby Jesus, Lying on the hay, 
Who was there to see Him,
On that First Christmas Day.


Mary was His his Mother
She held Him in her arms.
She wrapped Him up, In strips of cloth
To keep Him safe and warm.


Gentle Joseph saw Him.
He smiled at Him and said,
 “You’ll need a place
where You can sleep, 
so here’s a manger bed.”


The Holy Angels saw Him 
and sang a song of Joy. 
They told some shepherds 
where to find this very special boy.


The Shepherds ran to see Him. 
They knelt and bowed their heads, 
for Jesus was the Son of God 
upon a manger bed.

~ The Rhyme Bible Story Book


There is more she's shared about Christmas, but I will leave it at that for now. I do hope it reminds you of the true reason for the season. Enjoy the season and remember, we can choose to remember the joy that comes along with it.

Living by Faith, with our Family,

M.E.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment