Saturday, January 9, 2021

Being a Dad: Finding Memory

 Hello and Welcome Home!

Holidays come and holidays go. They bring special memories that make being a dad every bit, a blessing. These memories come in all different shapes and sizes too. This year was a very strange one indeed for many of us dads, but the memories are still there.

I know for some, it may feel like those wonderful holiday memories were a bit lack buster with everything that went. I know for myself, I had to block a lot of the craziness out, before I could see them. 

It turns out that this year made for some of the most memorable experiences the holidays have brought in a long time.  I thought upon those memories for quite some time before I began writing this post, several days infact. 

What I slowly began to realize was that being a dad really does teach you some amazing things. I know, I know, it seems strange to think us fathers still need to learn a thing or to, but the truth is that there are always things to learn. 


If the experiences I had this holiday season taught me anything, it's that some of the best things we dads experience in life are those random unexpected moments we have with our children and sometimes, even your better halves.


I could go into all of my experiences but there is plenty of time for that another day.  For now, I just want to challenge anyone who reads this. Take a few moments to reflect on the last few months and I really mean look deeply. 

My most memorable and unexpected moments this holiday season often focused on a simle smile from one of my kids, or a deep and enlightening conversation with my wife. Seems strange, these moments only cost me a few brief minutes to experience. 

So when you think about this season, find those small moments, that really made it something special, something memorable. 



"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."


Living by Faith, With My Family, 


M. E

No comments:

Post a Comment